Classy Assertive Living
The founder of Modernity and creator of The Confidence Concierge sheds light and fresh perspective on how you feel about yourself every day. Here, discover the completely revamped interpretation of deeply meaningful and iconic confidence minus the condescension. Consider these the expansive value-added benefits you can reap as a result of signing up with this service. You want to be, do, & have the very best for yourself. There’s no reason why you shouldn’t.
Photography by Esther Huynh | Words by Tamisha Ford
The Confidence Concierge was born out of a need and a hope. My greatest frustration is seeing women who’ve “made it” or are prominent in their own right TELL other women to “be confident” but not show them HOW. You go to their website and their Instagram or Facebook and SEE them telling you, but you don’t understand what they have you don’t – why YOU don’t feel what they’re telling you to feel.
This results in numerous women misunderstanding and misappropriating confidence then, to be developed externally and all about what they wear, buy, have, possess, show, post on Instagram, etc. I’m here to challenge women who know this isn’t working for THEM to REVERSE the equation – to stop allowing the external to attempt to somehow develop the internal, which always results in us going to extreme measures on the surface to please. The only way we will ever be able to truly understand our own power is to make these principles queen. These are the things we work with in The Concierge and you benefit from as a client.
the art of being sure
Knowing Yourself is Essential
The purest confidence HAS to start with a deep self-knowledge about YOU. What makes you tick, what your weaknesses are as well as your strengths, what pisses you off, where your triggers are, consciousness about habits you might’ve unconsciously cultivated, and your personality.
Though these may seem annoying to discover, they’re actually not.
You already have a well-developed sense of your own power – discovering and enhancing these elements will only ADD to it.
Working together, we can find the blind spots you may have that will make all the difference. It all starts with identifying your Confidence Type here.
Central themes are often unknown
There are 4 central ways of seeing & experiencing the world: 1) Sensation – how we perceive the world through our senses, 2) Feeling – how we make value judgments about the world, 3) Thinking – how we judge the world and know what it is, and 4) Intuition – how we make inferences about the world; guess at the bigger picture from facts gathered from the senses.
What brings these together is a narrative (or story) derived from a link of events in your life over time.
If you feel you’ve lost confidence in an area, it’s important to note the narrative could’ve changed at some point and you missed it. We can work together so you can better understand these elements and how your confidence is affected by them.
Ah, the power of the mind! Based on research by Dr. Carol S. Dweck, there are 2 kinds of mindset we all work with on a daily basis – fixed and growth.
Fixed focuses on the outcomes of life/situations, while growth focuses on the process. Many women wonder why their confidence consistently feels like it’s on a roller coaster, and it’s because of the heavy focus on outcomes instead of the process. Healthy mindsets have a little of both.
Learn the differences in the 2 and how to re-balance them.
Seeing Self-expression & style
Understanding your expression & style is integral to feeling comfortable in your own skin.
Whether it’s what you wear or how you decorate your personal spaces, at Modernity we believe these things inspire and matter to your overall confidence. I created The Modernity Maven Style Profile™ as a way to identify some key personal expression & style elements.
Working with me, you can begin defining your own personal expressive elements, your palette preferences, and your 3 dominant forms of self-expression.
As a value-added bonus, I can customize a personalized Pinterest board for you to visually show you these elements. Past clients LOVE this!
As human beings, the most important thing we do here is attempt to have relationships with someone who isn’t just like us.
It’s my belief that if I can help you communicate better in the areas you need it, your confidence will skyrocket because so will the relationship.
I’ve personally transformed many of my relationships using this methodology.
The Communications Matrix by Modernity allows us to uniquely look at how you communicate in each of your relationships from a different perspective. This is very powerful in understanding how you may view someone in a relationship, how they view you, and where some hiccups may be in the two of you making a stronger connection.
What Women Have Said About This Work & This Space
It wasn’t until I stumbled across your web site that I began to view myself in a different light
I am going through an “introspective” phase in my life, trying to learn my true self. As part of this process, I’m hoping to become more expressive (aka assertive) in my day-to-day life. For so long I have questioned why I felt so different and alone, even with friends and acquaintances. I knew I wasn’t “anti-social” as some would say. I do enjoy my “alone” time more because it allows me to just be myself, unapologetically. And yes, I have insecurities but I always felt it was more than that. It wasn’t until I stumbled across your web site that I began to view myself in a different light and even consider myself as being an introvert. Ultimately, I want to accept myself totally and fully.
I’m so glad there are people like you and I’m excited to learn from your wisdom
I’m so glad there are people like you and I’m excited to learn from your wisdom- thank you for doing what you do! I initially didn’t sign up to your newsletter, as I already get quite a few newsletters (!) and with the upcoming move & my business prep, I was wary of adding another… Except that night I kept thinking of your site and your name kept popping into my head, so I just knew that I had to sign up… the next day I did. It definitely makes me feel that I was meant to find my way to you!
Thank you for the opportunity to learn more about myself through the content on your website
Thank you for the opportunity to learn more about myself through the content on your website. I have always considered myself an extrovert and was always puzzled with the discomfort I felt at times in situations where extroverts are at their most comfortable. As it turns out I’m more of an outgoing introvert. How’s that for complicated? I did the eval on your page upon registering with the site and found some interesting things.
The most incredible thing I learned was how neglectful I’ve been of myself in terms of the modalities where I’m dominant. I don’t know if that makes any sense but to give you a concrete scenario, I recently took up salsa dancing as a form of exercise and completely froze when I realized I was using it as a form of expression. I love to dance and don’t mind being the center of attention (outgoing) but when I realized others could see through me (self-expression) through my dancing I nearly lost it.
I guess I realized that certain things I’d boxed up over the years were coming out through my dancing and it became too overwhelming for me. Now I guess it’s time to learn to be okay with being an introvert and learning more about the ways in which I can comfortably express myself. Thanks for providing this space in which to do all this. Tall orders my friend!
I would recommend this solution to any woman
I didn’t have any hesitations about coaching. Everything was well laid out ahead of time, and I received more than I expected. The feature that I liked best about this product/service was the personalized Pinterest storyboard. I would recommend this solution to any woman who is more interested in knowing how her dominant forms of expression are playing a role in who she is at this moment in her life, and who she wants to be in the future.
This will be my ”go to” for some as-needed confidence building for many years to come.
I was not 100% sure what the final outcome or goal would be for the price of the service…the more I read, the more I knew that I needed to learn more and in some way be involved. I had put off jumping in because of both time and finances. With two daughters in college, I wanted to be certain this was something that would benefit me to the fullest. It did!I have read through my personalized results numerous times now, and each time I read it I understand a little more about myself and why it is important to understand who, what and where I am in my life. The process has actually sky-rocketed my confidence by allowing me to understand how far I have come in many different areas. It has also helped reset my mindset regarding my abilities and accomplishments and has caused me to be more secure with where I am today. I feel more positive, confident and clear and ready to move forward in all areas of my life.The service was very complete and left me feeling like I received a lot more than I expected! The best part was the outcome – learning about my strengths and how I can use them going forward. I love how much new material I received and love all the bonuses and extras! I feel like working with Tamisha has completely accelerated my path. This service is unique, valuable and useful – a game changer!I am so appreciative for all the hard work and heart that Tamisha put into this. My experience was exceptional. Thank you! This will be my ”go to” for some as-needed confidence building and even some direction for many years to come.
The rewards reaped were much larger than expected
Just a huge thank you for allowing me to be part of working with you. It felt as if our session was a years’ worth of therapy wrapped up into 90 minutes. I have a greater sense of self. Just yesterday, I found myself impatient with my children. I quickly remembered what you told me about being in control. I asked myself what was I trying to control and quickly realized I just needed to redirect my focus. Both myself and my children thank you.There are two things I loved most: One – you challenged my perception of myself. And you were spot on. Two – you gave me tangible, actionable things to implement in my life that will make a difference, including a custom book list which I eagerly anticipate getting my hands on. I’ve used some of the techniques you gave me for business conversations too, and I’ve had so much more confidence. I decided to embrace my shyness and work through it instead of over it. It’s going to take time, but I feel so much better. And that’s more than I had before, so thank you.I worried about my availability to do this. I thought I wouldn’t have enough time, but the time commitment on my part was minimal. In fact, the most time I’ve spent was completing the questionnaire which took about 2 hours. That time was so beneficial, and the rewards reaped were much larger than expected. If you are a woman and struggle with understanding yourself or how to portray your specific personality traits as an advantage or want to learn how to help others understand you, I recommend coaching with Tamisha wholeheartedly.
I’m stronger in areas than even “I” believe I am
I loved the Confident Type Assessment! It helped me to see that I am stronger in areas than even I believe I am; and upon reflection, I realized that it is quite accurate on my highest number. Thank you!
It’s such a beautiful assessment
I love this assessment! It’s such a beautiful assessment and doesn’t feel stiff like some of these often do. I didn’t read any of the other descriptions, but I definitely felt that the one’s I read fit me. I’ve even used some of the words you used in describing myself. That was cool to see.
I really liked the Confidence Types Assessment and feel like it was incredibly accurate. I also love the use of Greek terminology! I think the explanations were definitely on target. I don’t think I can pick one of the two that I am more drawn to. I think my confidence comes from a combination of the two. I really connected to the “My worlds and expressions” of each that were outlined for me. They were spot on. And the “Be careful of” section was really great too.
Who The Concierge Service is For & What To Expect
THE CONCIERGE IS PERFECT FOR YOU IF:
- Your sense of self or who you are feels lost some of the time or just out of reach
- You often feel competitive toward or with other women and you secretly don’t know why – you feel a little bit of shame about it & rarely discuss it
- You want someone to help you understand more about yourself – to give you language and help you ask the right questions.
- You want to fully understand what you bring to the table, but more how to apply what you know in every scenario in your life, so you more often can consistently feel your most confident
- You desire to communicate better in one or many relationships in your life
- You want to be more assertive & direct in your life and less passive, aggressive, or passive aggressive
- You desire to learn more about what drives your creative expression & personal style
- You’re looking to regain confidence in a seemingly lost area OR develop newfound confidence in another area
- You don’t understand how or why you feel sure in certain areas of your life and extremely insecure in others
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT TO EXPERIENCE WITH THIS WORK:
- Better communicate what you feel
- Learn where to start to know what you really want in life
- Discover a wealth of new information you may not know about yourself
- Feel completely secure and comfortable in your own skin you’ve never experienced
- Gain a greater sense of who you are – know something you didn’t know yesterday and use your love of learning to apply it
- Understand some of your most potent strengths
- Learn strategies for best portraying yourself or personality traits to others
- Learn how to help others understand you better
- Get ideas for how to better communicate your needs & desires
- Learn to be more assertive and less passive in some area(s)
- Get resources for sharing your stories & experiences about who you are genuinely
- Finally have more confidence in how you do things and why you make certain decisions
- Experience a breakthrough toward your highest self-expression & being in the world
Why The Confidence Concierge and Me As Your Coach?
- Clarity – I will help you shine a light on the essence of concepts you want to more understand and ideas you want to more relate to in your life and as they relate to your personal confidence.
- Power – I have an incredibly sharp ability to help you feel more efficient, well-oriented and decisive by simply eluding to, and illuminating, your own existing personal power. In one session, I can sense and tell you where this power is for you.
- Depth – This is about finding a deep truth that’s lasting, pure, and relevant – not some surface-y type discovery or deep-dive for no reason. I will help you become more self-aware and informed in the areas that matter the most to your confidence process.
- Innovation – Our coaching sessions aren’t just about you; they’re about your future and a true transformation of future thought processes and behavior that will change how you feel about yourself indefinitely.
- Harmony – I have an uncanny integration & pattern identification ability – I’m able to weave together metaphors & themes that come up in our conversations in-session and show you how they’re playing out with each other in your life and situations.
- Connectedness – I have a high connection value, which means I look to connect others to themselves, to others in relationship, and higher spiritual authority. I view connection as the ultimate goal but in a very holistic & authentic way. I believe in keeping things positively moving toward connection without being fake or leaving behind your personal values.
- My Confidence Personality Types are 1) Wisdom, 2) Leadership, and 3) Social. These natural parts of who I am make me an excellent choice as a confidence coach.
- Last, but certainly not least, I deeply care about you experiencing a transformation – if I didn’t, I would just have a style blog. But I’m way more than that and have way more than that to offer women who are willing to open their minds and heart spaces to spiritual and confidence transformations. Let’s do this!
Concierge Service Options - Choose What Fits You Right Now
You can put me on retainer (month-to-month by the session as needed), book a 3-month package or a 6-month, depending on your needs at the time. You can also upgrade anytime. There are no contracts to sign or keep up with. If you’d like to chat with me about these options or customize something else, book a free, 30-minute chat with me here.
- 1 Session per Month
- 1 Session per Month for 90 days
- 1 Session per Month for 6 Months